How Big Can Football Get?
On the heels of winning 25 international gaming awards with FIFA 09, the top-selling football franchise from EA SPORTS™ is surpassed with FIFA 10. Responding to consumer feedback from more than 275 million online games played, FIFA 10 refines an already potent game engine, focusing on what matter most to fans.
An advanced FIFA 10 features core gameplay refinements based on responsiveness and intelligence, plus a completely overhauled Manager Mode that includes more than 50 major improvements. These enhancements and more deliver a new standard for authenticity, as FIFA 10 continues to set the benchmark in both innovations and gameplay as the most complete simulation of football.
On the pitch, critical gameplay fundamentals have been enhanced to ensure that FIFA 10 mirrors real-world football, providing more sophisticated ball control, and physical interaction. In attack, players now analyse space more effectively, curve their runs in an attempt to stay onside, create passing lanes naturally, and drive for more variety in attacking options. In defense, new concepts like position priority enable defenders to multitask so dangerous spaces left open by teammates out of position are covered. Plus, slide tackle targeting, press marking, and better urgency clearance logic provide new options that make defending a tactical skill in FIFA 10.
Three new innovations change the player control experience in FIFA 10. The first-ever true 360° dribbling system gives players finer control of the ball, enabling them to find spaces between defenders that previously were not possible. Using an all-new animation technology, skilled dribblers now have the ability to face the defender and use highly responsive lateral dribbling to skip past him. An innovative concept called Freedom in Physical Play enables players to perform wider dribble touches and new collision sharing creates a varied, less predictable, and extended fight for possession between the dribbler and a defender.
A deeper iteration of the ever-popular Manager Mode features more than 50 major improvements, including new match realism, ultra-realistic player transfers based on multiple decision points, and true-to-life player growth curves.
- Play Goal Of The Year 2010 1078 Views - Dec 21, 2010
- Play FIFA 10 Wii 135 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- Play FIFA 10 Tutorial 247 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- Play FIFA 10 Tutorial 96 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- Play FIFA 10 Game Face 157 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- Play FIFA 10 TV Ad Documentary 35 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- Play FIFA 10 : Children Collide: Skeleton Dance (Ladyton Remix) 482 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- Play FIFA 10 Tutorial 27 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- Play FIFA 10 - Directors Cut 25 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- Play FIFA 10 - My Live Season Tutorial 10 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- Play FIFA 10 Tutorial 8 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- Play The Enemy - Be Somebody 13 Views - Nov 12, 2009
- Play EA SPORTS FIFA 10 - The Full 2 Minute TV Ad 25 Views - Sep 21, 2009
- FIFA 10 Benzema Portrait 1 22 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 - Huntelaar, Kuyt & Van Bommel volley 27 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Lyon v. Marseille 1 46 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 - Mandanda & Lisandro & Heinze Header close to the post 22 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 - Dutch wall 25 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Lyon v. Marseille 3 17 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 - Sneijder, Van Persie & Kuyt Passing 20 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Arsenal v. Manchester U. 1 17 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 - Mandanda Jumping Header 22 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Milan v. Inter 2 10 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Manager Mode 2 34 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 - Kaka & Puyol & Xavi running 25 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Milan v. Inter 4 13 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA Soccer 10 Protrait Ronnie 2 17 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Manager Mode 1 23 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA Soccer 10 Portrait Rooney 3 17 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 - Kuyt, Huntelaar & Tasci block 14 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Lyon v. Marseille 2 11 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Milan v. Juve 1 19 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Lyon v. Marseille 4 13 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 - Cristiano Ronaldo & Iniesta Charge in therain 82 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA Soccer 10 Screenshot 1 Benzema 26 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Manager Mode 3 24 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 - Mandanda & Lisandro & Taiwo Low shot save 16 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Milan v. Inter 1 19 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 ManU Rooney 1 44 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 - Kuyt, Huntelaar & Robben Header 13 Views - Feb 17, 2010
- FIFA 10 Milan v. Inter 3 11 Views - Feb 17, 2010
Innovative Player Control - 360º Dribbling
The first-ever true 360° dribbling system in a football game gives you precise control to skillfully play spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.
Innovative Player Control - Skilled Dribbling
Advanced animation warping technology lets skilled players face defenders and manoeuvre around them with highly-responsive lateral dribbling, just like the game's legends.
Gameplay Features - Physical Play Freedom
Wider dribble touches and new collision sharing allow for a less predictable yet extended fight for possession, resulting in more realistic battles between the dribbler and his defender.
Gameplay Features - Player Urgency
Improved Urgency AI logic, with over 50 new movement cycles, delivers more responsive positioning so your players stay focused on the ball and move at a speed appropriate to the action.
Gameplay Features - Improved Trapping Intelligence
Players now have a better awareness of where the easiest, most natural trapping position is so they can get the ball on the ground and under control easier and earlier.
Gameplay Features - Advanced Positioning
Defenders multi-task and play the pitch more intelligently by covering dangerous spaces left by out-of-position teammates. In attack, players analyse space more effectively, curve their runs to stay onside, create.
Gameplay Features - More Accurate Passing
Players better analyse space, resulting in pinpoint passes that give their receivers more options and time to outrun defensive pressure.
Gameplay Features - Authentic Shooting
Refinements to the shooting system and tweaks to the ball physics create a wider, more realistic variety of shots that enhance the exhilaration of scoring.
Gameplay Features - Varied Defending Options
Slide tackle targeting has been improved so good players have more reach and avoid tackling through the dribbler. Better effort clearance logic gives defenders more options when attempting to get a foot on the ball before an attacker. Effort, such as sliding to block crosses and overhead kick clearances, will give the defenders more tools in order to prevent goal scoring opportunities. Balanced by less forgiving standing tackles, defending is now a more tactical skill in FIFA 10.
Gameplay Features - Refined Goalkeeping Intelligence
Various improvements mean that goalkeepers now have a better perception of where to intercept loose balls and how urgently to do so, resulting in a more responsive and powerful rushing system. New animation warping technology provides game-realistic goalkeeper positioning and momentum, allowing for more variety in scoring. Refinements to the current goalkeeper behaviours, adding some new behaviours (like swatting the ball from the goal line) and general AI enhancements will improve his effectiveness across the board.
Gameplay Features - Responding to Gamer Feedback
With over 250 million games played by the FIFA community, listening to the feedback and addressing gamer frustration has become a key part of the FIFA strategy. Better balance on lofted through balls; improved goalkeeper intelligence; more realistic shooting physics with less shots hitting woodwork; realistic sprinting and movement animation; refined off-side and advantage rules; and a more immersive football experience through continuous play and quick free kicks are just a few of the issues raised and addressed in FIFA10.
Authentic Manager Mode
With over 50 improvements, FIFA 10's new Manager Mode is as close as you can get to running a team without actually being named to the job.
Authentic Manager Mode - Match Realism
Calculated minute-by-minute, Manager Mode lets you make decisions based on your team's strengths and weaknesses including player performance, strengths of lines and strategic formations.
Authentic Manager Mode - Authentic Transfers
Truly realistic transfers are made using logic based on multiple decision factors including finance, prestige, career prospects, other players' involvement and competition from AI clubs.
Authentic Manager Mode - Believable Player Development
Just like on an actual team, the growth curve of your star players is based on multiple factors such as their playing environment and the demands placed on them.
Authentic Manager Mode - Immersive Football World
Manager Mode takes you deep inside the world of football with formations and squads determined by match importance, real-time week-by-week transfers and transfer event summaries that promote bidding wars.