Watch "The download: EA 2013 preview"
EA E3 OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Players and Stadiums Feel Alive in EA SPORTS FIFA 14 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- EA SPORTS UFC Gameplay Features Will Make You Feel the Fight
- Control the court this fall in NBA Live
- Madden NFL 25 Makes Its Next-Gen Debut as Launch Title for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- EA Reveals Battlefield 4 Multiplayer -- The Next Generation of Online Warfare
- EA and DreamWorks Lift the Curtain on Need for Speed the Movie
- Respawn Entertainment Unveils Titanfall
- EA and Victory Games Put Players in Control with a New Generation of Command & Conquer
- DICE Heralds the Return of Mirror's Edge
- PopCap Introduces Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Exclusively First on Xbox One and Xbox 360
EA announced that EA SPORTS™ FIFA 14 will feel alive with players who think, move and behave like world-class players, and dynamic stadiums that come to life, on Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4. Fuelled by EA SPORTS™ IGNITE, which blends new technology with the best rendering, run-time physics, animation, intelligence, locomotion and online systems from across EA into one powerful, new engine, FIFA 14 will elevate its award-winning gameplay to new heights*.
For the first time ever, fans will feel the electricity of a living stadium, and experience the majesty of the world’s greatest soccer theatres. Players now have four times the decision making ability than the current generation of players in EA SPORTS FIFA, enabling each player to have Pro Instincts—human-like reactions, anticipation, and instincts. The leap forward in intelligence is matched by innovations that deliver true player motion. Now in FIFA 14, every step matters with Precision Movement that enables players to explode out of each step and every turn like real athletes, preserving their natural momentum. Plus, the artistry and athleticism of soccer stars will come to life with Elite Technique that world class players express in every match.
A trailer showcasing FIFA 14 on Xbox One can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/_AL1ZkIJ2zQ.
“Innovation is the engine that drives our FIFA team and this year we’re building the most technologically advanced and authentic sports experience in history,” said David Rutter, Executive Producer of the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise. “FIFA 14 on next gen consoles will feel alive with players who possess human-like intelligence, reactions and instincts, players who move and behave like real athletes, and stadiums that buzz with electricity and excitement.”
FIFA 14 will have stunning accuracy and visuals and the world inside the stadium comes alive as the emotions of new 3D crowds rise and fall around the stories on the pitch. Players are also aware of the match and what needs to be done to get a result—their sense of urgency increases as the match draws on, and if a goal is needed, they rush to take a throw-in, corner or goal-kick if time is running down.
Players in FIFA 14 will make intelligent decisions with human-like anticipation and reaction times. All 22 players on the pitch possess Pro Instincts to anticipate and react to the play around them, just like world-class soccer players. Players will move more instinctively with the ball, anticipating and reacting to tackles by skipping over out-stretched legs to avoid collisions, using stiff arms to fend-off defenders or to brace for collisions, and turning their bodies to brush through contact. Defenders will anticipate moves to seal off opponents and intercept passes, and slow down attackers by hooking or holding an arm.
With 10 times more animation depth and detail, EA SPORTS IGNITE delivers the dynamic movements and biomechanics of the world’s best players. Precision Movement enables players to plant, pivot and cut, and explode out of each step. The fidelity of movement has a game-changing effect on gameplay. Players feel more grounded, agile and athletic, and manage their momentum with distinct foot plants and push-offs, bringing the authentic motion of professional soccer players to FIFA 14. Harnessing the power and memory of the new consoles, FIFA 14 also delivers Elite Technique—hundreds of new skills, including new types of shots like side volleys, deflections and first time screamers, and new types of passes, such as touch, over-head, slice and lobs. Hundreds of new behaviors include trapping the ball in stride at pace, panic turns when defenders are beaten, off-balance shots, missed shot reactions, and more are a result of the massive increase in memory of the new consoles.
FIFA 14, developed at EA Canada, will release worldwide within the next 12 months on Xbox One and the PlayStation 4. A version of FIFA 14 will also release on the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system with Kinect™ from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system with PlayStation Move support, Windows® PC, Nintendo Wii™, Nintendo 3DS™, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system in North America on September 24 and worldwide on September 27. FIFA 14 on mobile will be available on iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod® touch as well as Android devices this fall. Other mobile platforms will be revealed later.
The Next Generation of Fighting Begins Spring of 2014 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
EA announced the gameplay features for EA SPORTSTM UFC®. Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE technology, feel the fight as the action, emotion, and intensity inside the Octagon™ are brought to life in ways that were never before possible in a video game. The next generation of mixed martial arts fighting begins spring of 2014 when EA SPORTSUFC is released for the Xbox One and the PlayStation®4.
"We are very excited to deliver the most realistic fighting experience ever achieved," said Dean Richards, General Manager, EA SPORTS UFC. "With a talented and experienced team at the helm, and powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, we've created a gameplay feature set for EA SPORTS UFC where every fighter, every strike, every takedown and submission will bring you inside the Octagon like no game ever has before."
"I couldn't be more excited about the work that the team at EA SPORTS has done on the upcoming UFC game," said Dana White, President, UFC. "It's been a great partnership and even though it is still early in development, the game looks amazing. It will be groundbreaking! Fans of all combat sports will love it and have a lot to look forward to in the spring of 2014."
EA SPORTS UFC GameplayFeatures
- MMAi — A mixed martial artist's mind is as important as his heart. Every licensed fighter in the game will have changing goals and fight plans, based on their real-life tendencies and each fight situation. Stop their Plan A, and they will adapt to Plan B or C. Down on the scorecards, look for the AI to end the fight with a knockout or a submission. A smarter opponent equals a more challenging and unpredictable fight.
- Real-Time Exertion — A UFC bout is one of the most physically demanding sports on the planet requiring mixed martial artists to give it their all with every movement. Real-Time Exertion brings each moment of that action to life in your gameplay experience. Through real-time vein popping, skin discoloration, muscle flex, as well as signs of fatigue setting in through the course of each round, you will witness the effort it takes to be one of the best fighters in the world.
- Fighter Likeness and Facial Animations — EA SPORTS UFC will set a new bar for character likeness and emotion in gaming. Every single licensed fighter in the game has been created from high resolution 3D head and body scans to deliver revolutionary character likeness and authenticity. Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, new facial animation technology delivers more expression, emotion and will communicate greater sense of awareness and intelligence in the Octagon.
- Full Body Deformation — Until now, simulation of physical contact between fighters was limited to bodies that barely made contact with each other; as a result, they looked and behaved like action figures made of plastic rather than elite athletes. The team that revolutionized sports by bringing authentic physics to Fight Night changes the game again with an all-new, full-body deformation system that moves and displaces the fighter's flesh in real time. For the first time, the strength of every submission and power of every strike will truly make an impression.
- Precision Movement — MMA is a sport of inches, where every step counts and every movement matters. Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, the Precision Movement locomotion system grounds the fighters, eliminating unrealistic slipping and sliding across the canvas. More realistic physics-driven movement delivers morerealistic action as the overall transfer of energy from the ground up delivers more impactful and believable strikes and takedowns.
- Dynamic Striking — A mixed martial artist uses the environment to his advantage and for the first time in a UFC game, you can too. A dynamic environment allows you to pull off jaw-dropping moves using the Octagon, including roundhouse kicks, superman punches and much more. Combine those abilities with the best striking technology in the industry and that one perfect strike could change the fight.
- Strategic Submission Battles — To own the belt, you have to be dominant on your feet and on the mat. EA SPORTS UFC reinvents the ground game to create a battle for position and control that captures the strategy of a submission battle. Like the real sport, in EA SPORTS UFC fighters will work through multiple stages as they work to advance or escape from a fight-ending submission.
- Real Damage — Every fighter knows that one good shot can ruin your day. EA SPORTS UFC introduces a non-linear damage system which can result in big damage coming from a single strike. The system produces a greater variety of cuts and contusions that is true-to-life and has never been possible in a simulation fighting game.
EA SPORTS IGNITE blends new technology withthe best rendering, run-time physics, animation, intelligence, locomotion, and online systems from across EA into one powerful, new engine. Athletes will possess human-like intelligence for advanced decision-making, players will have the agility required to change speeds and directions with true athletic motion, and living worlds will make the game experience as rich and dynamic as real-world stadiums and arenas. To see how EA SPORTS IGNITE will power EA SPORTS games on next generation consoles, visit the EA SPORTS IGNITE website.
EA SPORTS UFC is in development at EA Canada in Vancouver and has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI; visit www.esrb.org and www.pegi.info for more information. Become a fan of EA SPORTS UFC on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
EA SPORTSTM unveiled today the first look at NBA LIVE 14 at the company’s E3 press conference, ushering in the future of basketball for the next generation. Exclusively for Xbox One® all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, NBA LIVE 14 will launch this fall.
Powered by the EA SPORTS IGNITE engine, NBA LIVE 14 will deliver the ultimate on-the-court control. Utilizing its new BounceTek technology, NBA LIVE 14 will introduce a revolutionary new, physics-based dribbling system. Whether it’s Ricky Rubio’s crossover or Kyrie Irving’s devastating between the legs dribble, one-on-one matchups take on a whole new meaning by putting the creativity and control at the core of every move.
By utilizing the same data used by all 30 NBA teams, more than 70 unique statistics and tendencies will fuel every single player on the court. From the way they move, to the way they play, to the decisions they make, NBA LIVE player will evolve throughout the season with updates from every NBA game within one hour of a game’s final buzzer. Gamers will now have a new experience every time they pick-up the controller.
Stay tuned throughout the summer for more information as NBA LIVE 14 makes its return to the court.
NBA LIVE 14 is in development at EA Tiburon in Orlando, FL and has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI; visit www.esrb.org and www.pegi.info for more information. Become a fan of EA SPORTS NBA LIVE on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
See It.Feel It. Live it.
EA has officially announced Madden NFL 25 will be coming as a launch title for Xbox One® all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Madden NFL 25, powered by the new EA SPORTS IGNITE engine, ushers in the next generation of sports games by delivering the smartest, most realistic, most detailed version of the game in the franchise's 25 year history.
"We've never been more ready for a console transition than we are right now," said Cam Weber, General Manager of American Football for EA SPORTS. "The development team is crafting the most impressive Madden NFL game we've ever made, and I'm extremely excited for fans to get their hands on it for themselves when the Xbox One and PS4 launch."
Coupled with this announcement is the introduction of Adrian Peterson as the cover athlete for Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Peterson, the Minnesota Vikings running back, is a five-time Pro Bowler and the reigning NFL MVP. Last season Peterson came within 9 yards of breaking the NFL single-season rushing record set by Eric Dickerson.
Madden NFL 25on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 brings innovative new features such as True Step Locomotion, Player Sense, the War in the Trenches and more to create an experience that can only be found on next-generation consoles. Here's an overview of what fans can expect in the most technologically advanced game in the franchise's 25 year history:
10X THE DETAIL
Next Definition Visuals
- Madden NFL has never looked so real. See every nuance of a player's face, equipment, and clothing as the line blurs between the players in the game and their real-life counterparts. Up to 4x the texture resolution breathes new life into stadiums, crowds, the field, and even the ball itself. Combined with high-fidelity animations that deliver the smoothest, most authentic looking player interactions ever, Madden NFL 25 delivers Next Definition visuals.
2X THE CONTROL
Every Step Is Calculated
- The all-new True Step player motion system calculates every step, delivering unprecedented control. Players now have the ability to foot-plant, cut, and shift momentum in an authentic way, unlocking the agility and explosiveness of the NFL athlete. EA SPORTS IGNITE run-time physics calculate at twice the rate allowing for the most organic, user-driven outcomes in franchise history. Combined with the precision modifier's vast combination of ball carrier moves, Madden NFL has never felt this good.
Brains & Brawn
- All-new Player Sense unlocks the human element in Madden NFL. For the first time, players scan the field, anticipate situations before they happen, and maneuver with instincts and awareness. The ability to make up to 50x as many contextual decisions brings intelligent ball-carriers and defenders to life, as they sense obstacles and react on the fly. Ball-carriers leap over fallen players, blitzing linebackers slide past teammates on their way to the QB and so much more, combining the physical aspects of football with the mental.
War in the Trenches
- Offensive and defensive line play is at the heart of football, and now it's the foundation of Madden NFL 25. Lineman are more than just physical, they are intelligent. Coupled with the ability to make 4x more decisions per second, 300 new blocking interactions create the most realistic running lanes for the ball-carrier and passing pockets for the QB. Offensive lineman will dynamically sort and shift assignments based on threats and angles, starting with intelligently identifying the center of the defense, the "Mike" linebacker. The defensive side of the ball features over 3x more new defensive line moves, as well as the latest blitz packages. Authentic double teams, blitz pick-ups, and line shifts showcase units working together as one, highlighting the most physical and intense battles in the NFL. Welcome to the War in the Trenches.
THE GAME IS ALIVE
Madden Living World
- The NFL is so much more than just what happens between the lines. It's the crowds, sidelines, and commentary that truly bring the emotion of Sunday to life. In Madden NFL 25, feel the anxiety of the crowd as you step up to the line on 4th and goal. Watch your teammates and coaches erupt with excitement as you blaze down the sideline for a game-changing score. Hear the most intelligent commentary in franchise history, as Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and our new sideline reporter Danielle Bellini follow everything about your career. From injuries to accolades they'll bring your career to life like never before.
For more info on all these features fans should be sure to visit the Madden NFL 25 website as new details are revealed. Media attending E3 this week in Los Angeles are invited to get their first look at Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and PS4 at the EA SPORTS IGNITE Lab inside the EA booth (#1601).
Embraced by fans and honored by critics for 25 years, Madden NFL is known as the NFL's "33rd Franchise" due to its authentic gameplay, the development team's unparalleled access to NFL resources and its prominent place in NFL culture.
Madden NFL 25 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft, and the PlayStation®4. To learn more about Madden NFL 25, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl. Fans are also invited to become a Madden Insider on Facebook for exclusive information including the latest news, original content and more for Madden NFL 25.
Celebrated DICE Studio Delivers a New Era of Battlefield with World-Class Multiplayer Gameplay Featuring Levolution, Commander Mode and Epic 64-Player Battles for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC
EA demonstrated the next generation of Battlefield 4™ at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, California. DICE showcased “Angry Sea,” a stunning single-player demo at the Microsoft media briefing, “Xbox: A New Generation of Games Revealed.” DICE also debuted “Siege of Shanghai,” a spectacular 64-person multiplayer match at “The Download: EA 2013 Preview” press conference. Both software demos were running at a silky smooth 60-frames per second, even while rendering massive maps, vehicles and infantry, environmental effects and dynamic destruction. Gamers can tune into a live stream of Battlefield 4 multiplayer direct from the EA E3 show floor at: http://www.battlefield.com.
DICE also revealed two notable innovations in multiplayer: a game-changer called Levolution, and the return of the fan-favorite Commander Mode. Levolution creates a dynamic and emergent battlefield where gamers can use the environment to their advantage like cutting the power to a building to shroud their enemy in darkness or reducing an entire skyscraper to rubble to alter the battlefield. With Levolution, the environment reacts to the player’s every move and ensures no two games will ever be the same. Commander Mode places two opposing players at the heart of the situation room with a birds-eye view of the battlefield. It’s a tug-of-war match between two commanders as they deliver critical intelligence and powerful assets to their troops below to the turn the tide of the battle. Gamers will feel the rush of Commander Mode on current-generation and next-generation consoles as well as PC. For the first time, commanders can also take control from their iPad® or Android™ tablet.
DICE also announced today in celebration of the unveiling of Battlefield 4 multiplayer and to thank the millions of fans that have logged over one billion gameplay hours in Battlefield 3, DICE is giving away Battlefield 3: Close Quarters digital expansion pack to all Battlefield 3 players for free*. For more details on how to download the pack, please visit: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/cq-giveaway.
Battlefield 4 will be available October 29 for the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Battlefield 4 will also be available for Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and the PlayStation®4.
To see the debut of Battlefield 4 multiplayer please visit www.battlefield.com. To join the conversation on Battlefield 4, please visit http://www.facebook.com/battlefield, follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/battlefield and #BF4, or sign up for the official Battlefield newsletter at www.battlefield.com.
*Conditions and restrictions apply. See http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/cq-giveaway.
‘Breaking Bad’ Star Aaron Paul Enters the World of Underground Racing in a Quest for Revenge… and Redemption – Coming to Theaters March 14, 2014
EA and DreamWorks Studios debuted the first behind the scenes footage from next Spring’s theatrical release, the action racing film Need for Speed, based on the best-selling videogame franchise from EA. The film’s star, Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad), took center stage during “The Download: EA 2013 Preview” to unveil the footage, alongside the custom Ford Mustang he drives in the film. The car is part of an exclusive partnership between DreamWorks and Ford Motor Company for the movie. This one-of-a-kind vehicle will crossover from the big screen to the highly anticipated videogame, Need for Speed Rivals, which will be available this holiday, beginning November 19, 2013.
Need for Speed Rivals is playable for E3 attendees on the show floor at the EA Booth (South Hall #1601) this week, Tuesday June 11 through Thursday, June 13. You can watch the official E3 trailer for Need for Speed Rivals, “Cops vs. Racers” here: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer - Cops vs. Racers (Official E3 2013).
Need for Speed marks an exciting return to the great car culture films of the 1960s and ’70s, tapping into what makes the American myth of the open road so appealing. The story chronicles a near-impossible cross-country journey for our heroes—one that begins as a mission for revenge, but proves to be one of redemption. Featuring the same exciting elements that has made Need for Speed one of the best-selling franchises in games – hot cars, epic chases and high-octane action, the film stars Aaron Paul, Imogen Poots (V for Vendetta) and Dominic Cooper (Captain America: The First Avenger). Need for Speed is penned by George Gatins with writing partner and brother John Gatins (Flight) and directed by Scott Waugh (Act of Valor). The film will open in theaters worldwide beginning March 14, 2014.
“The Need for Speed movie will embody everything that fans of action racing films want to see – hot cars, high stakes street racing and mind-blowing stunts,” said Scott Waugh, Director of Need for Speed the movie. “The adrenaline fueled story across America will keep viewers on the edge of their seats.”
Need for Speed Rivals is the newest entry to EA’s best-selling racing franchise. A collaboration between Ghost Games and Criterion Games, Need for Speed Rivals glorifies the heat of competition in the legendary rivalry of cops and racers. Gamers play as either a cop or racer, where each side of the law has its own set of high stakes challenges, rewards and consequences. This time, the stakes are at their highest as racers put their Speed Points on the line and risk losing them all if busted. Developed on the advanced Frostbite™ 3 engine, Need for Speed Rivals also introduces the revolutionary All Drive system that erases the line between single player and multiplayer, automatically connecting gamers to their friend’s racing world. Paths will cross on the open road, creating a world where no two moments will ever be the same.
Need for Speed Rivals will be available on November 19, 2013 for the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. The game will launch later this year on Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and on PlayStation 4. For more information about Need for Speed, please visit www.needforspeed.com. To join the conversation on Need for Speed, please visit http://www.facebook.com/needforspeed, follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/needforspeed, or sign up for the official Need for Speed newsletter at www.needforspeed.com.
EA and independent videogame developer Respawn Entertainment today revealed the world debut of Titanfall™, the studio’s inaugural title. Crafted by one of the co-creators of Call of Duty and other key developers behind the Call of Duty franchise, Titanfall is among the most highly anticipated of E3 2013, having been shrouded in mystery for nearly three years. The visionaries at Respawn have drawn inspiration from their proven experience in first-person action gaming, and are building on that pedigree by taking a new approach to game design and creating an all-new universe with Titanfall. The game is entirely multiplayer, in a new experience that combines fast-paced multiplayer action with the heroic set piece moments traditionally found in campaign mode. Set in a distant frontier torn apart by war, players will have the freedom to switch between fighting as elite assault Pilots or agile, heavily armored, 24-foot tall Titans. To see the announcement trailer for Titanfall, please visit the game’s official web site www.titanfall.com.
“It’s an exciting time in the industry and it feels like the perfect time to be unveiling Titanfall,” said Vince Zampella, a Co-Creator of Call of Duty and Co-Founder of Respawn Entertainment. “Our passion at Respawn is games and we are focused on bringing something exciting to kick off the next generation of software.”
The universe of Titanfall juxtaposes small vs. giant, natural vs. industrial and man vs. machine. The game drops players into a conflict between the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC) and the Militia as elite Pilots. With the ability to shift back and forth between pilot and Titan, players will have the freedom to change tactics on the fly, attacking or escaping depending on the situation. Titanfall Game Director Steve Fukuda added, “In addition to infusing the multiplayer experience with cinematic flavor, we’ve been rethinking fundamental combat and movement in the genre. Titanfall is unique in the way that it places equal emphasis on two drastically different and new ways to move and fight in a first-person shooter. The intersection of the two is a big part of what give Titanfall its iconic identity.”
Available spring 2014, Titanfall will be available for Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PC and Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft The Xbox 360 version of Titanfall is in development at an external development studio with support from Respawn. For more information on the game, please visit www.titanfall.com. Follow the game on Twitter at www.twitter.com/titanfallgame or Facebook at www.facebook.com/titanfallgame.
About Respawn Entertainment
Founded in 2010, Respawn Entertainment is an independent videogame development studio based in Van Nuys, California. The studio was formed by Vince Zampella and Jason West, former co-founders of Infinity Ward and two of the co-creators of the multi-billion dollar franchise Call of Duty™. More information about the company is available at www.respawn.com.
Sign Up to the Closed Beta for a Chance to be among the First to Experience the Future of Real-time Strategy Gaming
EA announced that Command & Conquer™, the next installment of the award-winning real-time strategy franchise from Victory Games™, will be entering closed beta this summer. Set in the popular Command & Conquer Generals series, the new Command & Conquer is raising the bar for the Real-time Strategy (RTS) genre by delivering unparalleled immersion and best in class visuals and dynamic physics, all powered by the award-winning Frostbite™ game engine. Victory Games is dedicated to letting players control more – more Generals, more strategy and more direct feedback in the game. Command & Conquer will launch in 2013 as a free*, live service. Players can sign up now for a chance to access to the Command & Conquer closed beta**, starting later this summer, at www.CommandandConquer.com.
Victory Games is dedicated to player-driven design, where a large part of evolving, developing and expanding game content is based on community activity.
“The community has always been and will continue to be paramount to the success of Command & Conquer,” said Jon Van Caneghem, General Manager of Victory Games, EA. “Being a live platform, we have the freedom to be responsive and to deliver content that our players care about at launch and beyond. As developers, this sort of direct and evolving relationship with our audience is incredibly exciting and we can’t wait to hear what players think about this new Command & Conquer experience.”
The next generation of Command & Conquer will mark a return to the core gameplay that put the series on the map. In addition to strategic, fast-paced, high action, Command & Conquer also introduces a large variety of Generals, which gives each commander the freedom to conquer on their own terms. Players will be in full command of the battlefield as they take control of dozens of unique Generals across three varied factions – Global Liberation Army, European Union and Asia Pacific Alliance. Each General has a unique arsenal, battle style, and personality, offering a wide variety of tactics to dominate. Whether a player favors strategies focused on base defense, stealth, rushing or firepower – there is a different General to accommodate every play style.
Command & Conquer is redefining RTS gaming for the next generation, amplifying classic gameplay elements for a new era of PC gaming and introducing all new ways to play in the genre. From new modes never before seen in the genre including Onslaught, an objective based co-op mode where players team up to defend their base from enemy hordes, to the return of popular modes like Multiplayer Deathmatch, and Solo Skirmish, gamers of all styles and skill levels will have more ways to play than ever before.
Command & Conquer will be available as a free, live service for the PC later in 2013. To watch the E3 2013 Official Trailer, “Welcome Back, General”, visit http://youtu.be/80_x6bmzluc. For more information on and to register for a chance to be selected for closed beta access, please visit www.CommandandConquer.com. Follow the game on Twitter at http://twitter.com/OfficialCnC or “Like” Command & Conquer on Facebook® at http://facebook.com/commandandconquer.
*Internet connection required.
**Must be 18+ and accept Beta Agreement terms in order to participate in closed beta.
DICE, an award-winning studio of EA and developer of the blockbuster Battlefield™ franchise, today announced that fan-favorite Mirror's Edge™ is in early stages of development. Mirror's Edge was first introduced in 2008 and fans quickly elevated the game's heroine "Faith" into a videogame icon. Gamers and critics worldwide praised its unique characters, highly stylized world and fresh take on first person action adventure. The new Mirror's Edge reboots the franchise for the next generation with advanced visuals and an all-new origin story for Faith. Powered by DICE's proprietary Frostbite™ technology, the game will be heading to Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®4, and PC.
"We introduced Mirror's Edge and Faith to gamers five years ago, and we've waited for the right moment to reunite them," said Sara Jansson, Senior Producer, DICE. "Thanks to the Frostbite engine and a new generation of platforms, we are now able to deliver a richer world that players will be able to explore with a new level of freedom in both movement and action."
To view the Mirror's Edge teaser trailer, please visit www.mirrorsedge.com, where fans can also sign up for the official Mirror's Edge newsletter. Join the conversation at www.facebook.com/mirrorsedge and follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/mirrorsedge and #MirrorsEdge.
The PvZ World Expands with an Immersive Action Game Full of Surprises
PopCap Games, a worldwide leader in mobile and social games and a division of EA introduced Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare exclusively first on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system. Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare is a stunning new game originated from the famed PvZ franchise that faithfully pays homage to the action genre while retaining the signature quirky humor, depth and accessibility fans expect from a PvZ game. Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare will launch in spring 2014.
"The Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare team has worked tirelessly to bring fans a totally engaging action game,” said Brian Lindley, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Producer at PopCap. “We have worked hard to combine the best of Plants vs. Zombies and action gameplay to create a whole new experience."
Powered by the advanced Frostbite™ 3 engine, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare delivers an explosive new action experience in a massive, three-dimensional world blooming with color and combat. Featuring 4-player co-op, 24-player competitive modes and more, players will blast zombies, plants and new characters across a richly animated, mine-blowing PvZ landscape.
“Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare takes the PvZ experience to amazing new gameplay territory while retaining the core characteristics beloved by legions of fans,” said Jon David, Plants vs. Zombies Executive Producer at PopCap. “This is a massive year for PvZ with the recent release of Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, the mid-July arrival of Plants vs. Zombies 2 and now with Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for next-generation platforms and PC."
Highlighted Features in Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Include:
- Powerful new plants and zombies with a wide variety of abilities
- Choose your side, plants or zombies, in 24-player battle mode
- Join forces with friends in 4-player online cooperative mode
- Personalize your favorite plants and zombies with hundreds of unique items and customizations
- Features over 10 unique multiplayer and cooperative battlegrounds
PopCap Games is the leading global developer, publisher and operator of casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to all ages across PC, mobile, social and other platforms. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000, was acquired by Electronic Arts in 2011, and has a worldwide staff of more than 400 people in Seattle, San Francisco, and Shanghai.