EA Account, EA Cash Card and EA Wallet
1. You must have an EA Account to open an EA Wallet and redeem an EA Cash Card. You must be at least 13 years of age (or such other minimum age as is applicable in your country of residence) to create an EA Account. The minimum age is stated on the back of the EA Cash Card where offered for sale. Please ensure you are old enough to open an EA Account before purchasing an EA Cash Card. You must be resident and hold an EA Account in the country in which the EA Cash Card is offered for sale. Internet access (fees may apply) is required.
3. EA Cash Cards issued and redeemed and EA Wallets activated, accessed and used within the United States are controlled, maintained and operated byElectronic Arts Inc. (“EA”), 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065. In this Agreement, the term “you” means you the customer; and the terms “EA”, “we”, “us” and “our” means Electronic Arts Inc.
EA Cash Card Redemption
EA Cash Card Restrictions
5. EA Cash Cards can only be redeemed once and cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, refunded or redeemed for cash or applied to any other account.
6. Risk of Loss and/or Damage post purchase. You are solely responsible for the EA Cash Card once purchased. EA is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen EA Cash Cards.
7. Unredeemed EA Cash Card amounts do not expire but may become subject to statutory unclaimed property laws.
8. Your EA Wallet will be activated once you redeem an EA Cash Card. EA does not charge any fees for the activation or use of your EA Wallet.You may only open, access and use one EA Wallet at a time. Your EA Wallet will be valid for the currency of the first EA Cash Card successfully redeemed by you. If you subsequently change your country of residence of your EA Account, you must ensure the fund balance of your EA Wallet is cleared before you purchase an EA Cash Card in your new country of residence. When you redeem the EA Cash Card in your new country of residence, your EA Wallet will show the new EA Cash Card balance. The redemption of EA Cash Cards in more than one currency is not permitted. You may not use anyone else’s EA Wallet. The funds held in your EA Wallet attach to your EA Account and are non-transferrable, non-exchangeable and cannot be withdrawn by you. You may only use the funds in your EA Wallet toward the purchase of eligible products, services or features, subject to their availability that are offered in the same currency as your EA Wallet. Any fund balance or unused funds after each purchase will be held in your EA Wallet. If an order exceeds the amount of funds in your EA Wallet, the remainder must be paid with other available payment methods, with the exception of pre-orders, which must be paid with a single payment method. If you are entitled to a refund on a purchase of EA products, services or features made with funds from your EA Wallet, we will refund such funds back into your EA Wallet. To view the balance in your EA Wallet visit www.origin.com/account. EA does not charge any fees for the activation, access and use of your EA Wallet.
EA Wallet Restrictions
9. Balance and Spending Limits. The funds held in an EA Wallet may not exceed $300. In addition, you may not spend more than $200 from your EA Wallet in one day. To view the balance in your EA Wallet visit www.origin.com/account.
10. The funds loaded on to your EA Wallet are not deposits and are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other governmental agency. Funds held in your EA Wallet do not accrue interest, dividends or any other earnings. No credit card, credit line, overdraft protection or deposit account is associated with your EA Wallet.
11. Any unused funds in your EA Wallet do not expire. Unused funds, however, may become subject to statutory unclaimed property laws. EA will attempt to contact you before escheating any unused funds.
12. Unauthorized Transactions. You agree to notify EA immediately of any unauthorized use or theft of your EA Wallet or any other breach of security (and to provide properly documented evidence as reasonably requested by us). EA will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your EA Wallet, either with or without your knowledge, because of your fault. However, you will be liable for losses incurred by EA or another party due to someone else using your EA Wallet because of your fault. We reserve the right to correct the balance of your EA Wallet if a clerical, billing or accounting error has occurred. If you have questions regarding your transaction history or any correction, or if you dispute any transaction or correction that has been assessed against your EA Wallet, please contact customer support at support.ea.com. We will conduct an investigation and communicate the results and correct any error that we verify as soon as we finish the investigation. If no error was found, we will communicate an explanation. You shall notify us of any billing error within 60 days of the date of the transaction in question.
13. Fraud and Account Suspension and Cancellation. EA reserves the right to close customer accounts (please see the section headed “Termination” in the User Agreement found at terms.ea.com for further details) and request alternative forms of payment if an EA Cash Card is fraudulently obtained or redeemed and used to make purchases at an EA Cash Card enabled store or EA suspects an EA Wallet was fraudulently activated, loaded, accessed or used to make a purchase.
14. NOTICE: FROM TIME TO TIME THE EA CASH CARD AND/OR EA WALLET SYSTEM MAY BE INOPERATIVE, AND WHEN THIS HAPPENS, YOU MAY BE UNABLE TO OBTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT THE BALANCE ON YOUR EA CASH CARD AND/OR EA WALLET, OR USE YOUR EA CASH CARD AND/OR EA WALLET TO PAY FOR PURCHASES. PLEASE NOTIFY US IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS USING YOUR EA CASH CARD OR EA WALLET.
15. Reservation of Rights. EA reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time in its discretion. Revisions will apply to all subsequently purchased EA Cash Cards. When EA revises these terms and conditions, we change the “Last Updated” date above. Each time you redeem an EA Cash Card you will be required to accept these Terms and Conditions.
Previous Version of EA Wallet & Cash Card Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: June 27th 2013