The latest version of Origin is out of beta and ready to download! Enjoy a lighter CPU load, improved DLC downloading, and more when you update today.
While performance improvements comprise the bulk of today’s update, 8.6 also brings the first of many friends list changes to come. Check out the “hovercard,” our most recent add, by launching the client and mousing over a friend’s name. If they’ve chosen to share their real name with others (you can toggle this in your settings), you’ll see it roll up to replace their username.
Going forward, we’ll be working to incorporate even more community-requested improvements. Enable pre-release updating in your settings if you’d like to be the first to see what’s new.
Ready to update now? Simply launch the Origin client and log in to your account. The 8.6 update will begin automatically. If you’re already running Origin on your computer, you’ll need to quit and restart the client to kick off the update process. Either way, you’ll be running 8.6 in just a few short minutes.
Need help installing or updating to Origin 8.6? Contact Origin Help for friendly, 24/7 assistance.
You can also find the latest version of the client at www.origin.com/download.
Origin 8.6 Release Notes
- Fixed several issues with the DLC download system, including one that was causing users to time out before completion.
- Added hovercards to the Origin friend list. You can now mouse over a friend’s name to pop up their real name. Users who have hidden their real names will remain hidden.
- Added release dates to all DLC available for pre-order.
- Fixed several issues that were causing Origin to crash.
- Reduced the client’s CPU load.